January 19th’s Starke Bench Press Championship needs your help! Please register at the link above. We need at least 5 to 10 more people to assist with this event. Setup begins at 1PM, weigh-ins begin at 1:30 PMand lifting begins at 3:30 PM. We need people to help setup, and volunteers to help during the event. Spotters, loaders, timekeepers, computer workers, attempts takers. MPA appreciates all assistance. Thank you very much.
|David Frederick Hrynkow||74 M-M2-U|
|Adam Salsi||74 M-J-U|
|Susan Haywood||84 F-M4|
|Dean Smith||83 M-M2-U|
|Brock Haywood||120+ M-M2|
|Gordon Klassen||105 M-M3-U|
|Mark McPhee||105 M-O-U|
|Janet Loesel Sitar||72 F-M1-U|
|Mark Oxer||93 M-M1-U|
|Zena Adam Van Rooyen||63 F-O-U|
|Kevin Le||74 M-O-U|
MPA is now accepting applications to be Team Manitoba Head Coach at the 2019 CPU National Championships in Ottawa, Ontario occurring March 4 to 9.
Head Coach will be resonsible for:
• Ensuring each team member is prepared for their competition(s) e.g. confirming game plans and supplies are sufficient; aiding in preparation for athletes in need.
• Overseeing meet day assignments of coaches/handlers prior to the contest to ensure all athletes have coaches on day of their competition(s).
• Providing coaching services on meet day or assigning delegate assistant coaches to handle athletes on meet day when personal handlers are not available for Manitoba athletes.
• Liaising with Manitoba athletes regarding information on the event, team activities, competition updates, etc.
• Representing Manitoba as team leader and manager on the national stage.
Head Coach will be reimbursed with a stipend at a value relative to their availability and attendance, for their time and efforts, and to help cover costs of travel.
Please submit a cover letter and coaching resume to Manitobapowerlifting@gmail.com. applications will be accepted until December 15th, 2018.
ENTRY FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/LDdWFUQu7UvF2xn32
Meet Director: Susan Haywood
Event: Starke Bench Press Championship
Date: January 19, 2019
Location: Starke Strength & Conditioning
Address: 781 Kapelus Dr Unit 1, West Saint Paul, MB R4A 5A4
Lifting: 1530 hrs
$50 Bench Press Only
Meet fees must be submitted by E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and set the password as “deadlift”
Entry Deadline: 2019 Jan 06th @ 2359hrs CST. Continue reading Starke Bench Press Championship (Jan 19, 2019)
Lifters, please review the changes in the 2019-2022 IPF Approved List of Equipment. Some of your clothing, equipment and accessories may now be invalid.
- MPA Club Registration Fees will be $100 and cover the period of January 1st to December 31st, 2019
- As of January 1st, MPA Open/Master Memberships will increase to $45 from $40, and MPA Junior/Subjunior Memberships will increase to $35 from $30.
2018 Portage Strength Classic Meet Report
The reincarnation of the once lost Portage Strength Classic was recently brought back by myself (Matt Robertson) alongside Paige Kernot and Janet Loesel Sitar. MPA President Mathew Bowen was very helpful leading some brand new meet directors. Thank you Mat, we could not have done it without your guidance.
|2018 17 Wing Open|
|All entrants lifting Classic 3-lift except where indicated|
|A||Van Den Bosch, Jannelle||F-O-63|
|A||Roska, Lara Abegail L.||F-O-72|
|A||Morberg-Berry, Margo||F-M2-72 (Bench Only)|
|C||Welton, Timothy||M-M2-93 (Equipped Bench Only)|
|C||Gurvey, David Aaron||M-M2-74|
- 17 Wing Volunteer Sign-Up
- Note: Nationals competitors must volunteer within a year of Nationals in order to compete at Nationals!