Attention: MPA is seeking a new logo! All entries accepted; to be submitted to email@example.com. Entry deadline will be January 26th. Submissions will be posted and put to a vote thereafter. The winning design will be unveiled at the Brickhouse Power Challenge. The winner will be rewarded with a prize of a one year new or renewed MPA membership for themselves or another person!
1. “MPA” (may also include “Manitoba Powerlifting Association”)
2. Our Provincial brown and gold colours
3. Powerlifting and/or Manitoba related images.
4. Mindful that this is a *logo* to be used as a letterhead/stamp, on referee badges, MPA merchandise, etc.
Weekly New Team Manitoba Roster Additions for CPU Nationals:
That brings our total number of entrants to 15 after just two weeks! Registrations close January 8th.
The following athletes have been approved as our first batch of MPA representatives at the 2018 CPU National Championships:
Alyssa Amanda Burg
The 2018 Brickhouse Power Challenge roster has already grown to 16 competitors! Keep in mind the entry deadline is January 22nd OR 42 entrants.
Janie Jacobucci 57 F-M1-U
Shannon Mutch 63 F-O-U
Jason Martin 66 M-O-U
Sylvie Dube-Forslund 84+ F-O-U
Hayo-Yi Sim 83 M-J-U
Kelvin Lai 93 M-J-U
Audrey Mifflin 84+ F-O-U
Jordan Wiebe 93 M-O-U
TaHa Hijazi 120 M-O-U
Lisa Green 84 F-O-U
Randi Lee Chase 72 F-J
Jerome Restar 83 M-J-U
Regine Mae Tolentino 63 F-O-U
Joseph Dabu 83 M-J-U
Jeff Mabiling 74 M-O
Thomas Pachal 83 M-O-U
MPA is Recruiting CPU Nationals 2018 Coaches/Handlers!
1. As the sport expands and coaching continues to be formalized, MPA is in the process of developing a Team Manitoba Nationals coaching system. For the 2018 National Championships, we are looking for coaches to handle Manitoba athletes for full sessions and/or days. Compensation will be provided based on contribution. Interested parties may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. We are composing a list of athletes who would benefit from this service i.e. those who are attending Nationals without a designated coach/handler. If you fall within this category, please contact MPA via email@example.com.
If you have broken a record in any competition and have not received a certificate and would like to receive one please contact me before December 31,2017. As of 2018 it will cost $5 to have your records printed.
Please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your: Name, Records you have broken, as well as what contest you broke the records in.
As of now all records have been updated from this past weekends 17 Wing competition. A total of 45+ records were broken! As our sport is growing so is the strength of our lifters. We are now breaking records that are 30 + years old! A record to make mention of is the 66 Kg Equipped total record of 495kg by lifter Dwayne Feakes which has not been broken since April 1987. It was broken by lifter Jayson Palapuz with his 517.5kg total this past weekend. I will imagine more of this older records will be broken in the future.